Tuesday, July 10, 2007

marching forward.

well.. June has now come and gone, and I'm already a week in to my July elective. June was a fun & busy month, though not too much happening on the Africa front.

NICU was fantastic -- aside from the whole critically ill newborns thing. The elective didn't absolutely convice me to go into neonatology some day, but it didn't rule it out either.

July already seems to be running away from me -- it's only about 3 weeks until I leave. I actually started packing yesterday, though I think I'm probably already over the 50 lb limit and I haven't actually packed any clothes yet. Or medical equipment for that matter. Both fairly important things.

Things are coming together, thought it seems like there is still SO much left to do -- both in terms of getting ready to GO to Africa, as well as getting ready to LEAVE the US, if that makes any sense at all. The biggest thing right now is getting as much residency application stuff done as possible before I leave. Which has been stressful, to say the least.

This is a short post, but hopefully soon I'll be able to post a bunch of pictures detailing the whirlwind that has been this spring/summer: 3 exams, 3 weddings, and a triathlon, to name a few things.

Until then...

No comments: