Wednesday, May 2, 2007

First Meeting!

Huzzah!

Actually, it was pretty fun, to get to bond and chill with all the other MS3s (soon to be MS4s!) going to Kenya in various other months. It turns out that 2 of the other students planning on going in August/September switched to different months, and 1 other one dropped the elective. So now (as far as students going), it will be me and 2 pretty good girlfriends from school, so I think we're going to have a great time together. Also, one of the residents who will be there in September with me was one of my inpatient peds residents last November, and she was tons of fun.

So really, we talked about some logistics (important) and a lot about safety (VERY important), buying our visas, money, that sort of thing. There were some questions that I didn't really get answered, but I want non-administrative (ie -- other students') answers. So I'll ask around.

Next week is the SHOT meeting, we'll get to spend the first in a long line of large sums of money for protection against Hep A, typhoid, polio, and yellow fever. Wee-haw!

In other news, tomorrow I leave the blissful world of anesthesia and return to transplant. But for only 12 more days!

Addendum: Just so you understand how much school has been sucking lately, I COMPLETELY forgot that Tori's new album, American Doll Posse, came out yesterday. Ack! How can this be?!?! Lucky for me, wonderful Mo drove around tow to find it for me tonight :D.

No comments: