Saturday, May 5, 2007

I'm leavin' on a jet plane

step 1: tickets bought -- check!


well, my flight's been booked, that's a big step done. I'll be leaving 8/1 in the afternoon --> arriving in Eldoret 8/2 in the evening. Return flight leaving 9/28 and I'll be getting back to the US sometime on 9/29.

Whee!!!!

In other fun news, Mike and I ran the mini today. Well, we ran the 5K portion of the mini. I was really set on finding time to train for the 13.1 this year (as I've been for the past 3 years), but unfortunately having surgery block during prime training time was not conducive to that. So, NEXT YEAR. Next year I WILL train for the full (half) marathon and do it! All in all, the event itself is really something to see. All of downtown, and many surrounding streets are completely closed down. By far the biggest 1/2 marathon in the country; 35,000 people run the 13.1 portion, with an additional 3500 running the 5k. Afterwards, the entirety of Military Park is full of various booths and vendors, massage tables, radio stations, etc. Not to mention boatloads of free stuff. It was actually really fun. (Even Mike thought it was, though he is not the biggest fan of running). Afterwards, we went to see Spiderman 3, which I highly reccomend.

Overall, it's been a good day. Now I'm chillin' watching movies while Mike is downtown doing press coverage for the Fever game. Then it's back to work tomorrow. Blah.

BUT I HAVE PLANE TICKETS!!!!

No comments: